Date: Monday September 17, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:00pm
Location: Castaways Clubhouse
- Brea Moore, Samantha Postle, Stefan Colantonio, Cam Rose, Lee Jonson, Jena Croft, Matt Garnett, Arielle Anderson, Veronica Hackett, Tyson
Regrets: Julia Diamond
Adoption of Minutes
- Cam Rose introduced a motion to approve the previous minutes; the motion was seconded by Matt Garnett; all in favour – motion passed.
Ongoing business and Summary of Action Items
- Complete, see attached.
1. Presidents Report
- Still waiting to on which date the Royals will allow us to sell 50-50 tickets. It will likely be around same time as last year. Offered chuck-a-puck but we can make more on 50-50
- Lost div 1 women’s team.
2. Vice-President Report
- No report.
3. Treasurers Report
- Registration went well as the process is smooth. All the checks have been deposited.
4. Field Report
- Catching up on game schedule. Will likely have PISE field time for Friday night men’s.
- Let Lee know if you need any equipment. Team reps can give Lee’s contact info to new players if they need socks or shorts.
6. New Membership Report
- Julia submitted a written report:
- All players are registered who have paid. Additions should be flagged for me so I can sign (women) and money will need to be dropped to Tyson. Guys who have paid Tyson (or will) can just self register through VISL.
- There were some issues with admin privileges through VISLs new website but they should be worked out now… any questions should be directed to ED Vince.
- Div 1 women unfortunately had to fold. I will see about getting a refund from LIWSA
- The remainder amounts are due to LIWSA and VISL in October and I will Connect with Tyson on this.
- Action: Julia follow up with LIWSA for updated invoice.
7. Website Report
- Communications: Within role to liaise LIWSA and VISL. Send meeting info to Cam.
- Website:Schedules are posted or in process. Ryan has new website home page for use to draw attention to events. Glitches are now fixed.
- Arielle: Discussed the idea of a Castaways Instagram account.
- Action: Cam to draft note to teams about having a separate rep.
8. Sponsorship Report
- Matt provided an update on plans to get sponsorship for u21 and corner flags.
- Provided update on sales of merchandise on registration night.
- There was a lot of interest in doing a clothing order.
- Action: Brea do research on merchandise orders and provide update.
9. Social Report
- Sent email to team representatives about fundraisers and waiting on responses. First fundraiser is women’s div 2 for Halloween.
10. Team Reports
- Div 2 – Have a new coach, played 2 games.
- Div 3 – Won on the weekend. Lot of players signed.
- O30 United (A)– Won 7-0 on weekend.
- O30 FC (B) – Won 10-0 on weekend.
- Div 3 – One win and one loss.
- Div 4 – Beat Cowichan 2-1.
- O35 – N/A
- O48 – N/A
- Mits still interested in being involved in the club. Would like to provide free goalie clinic.
- Action: Brea will get dates from Mits about a goalie clinic.
- The 030 B women’s team would like a coach.
- Marc purchased corner flags for the club with Castaways name on it.
Next meeting: Monday October 15, 2018 at 6:00pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:07.