In Executive Minutes

Date: Monday October 16, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:00pm
Location: Castaways Clubhouse

Attendance: Brea Moore, Stefan Colantonio, Ali Malpass, Mits Nakagawa, Jena Croft, Jan, Julia Diamond, Cam Rose, Ryan Emo, Lee Johnson, Rose Weakes, Tyson Loreth, Geoff Briggs, Chris MacIsaac.

Summary of Action Items:
Team representatives are to communicate to their team about the requirement to have one player from each team at the DSC AGM and that there is a need for soccer members to fill positions on the DSC board.
Brea will distribute background files on the DSC once she gets access.
Stefan will distribute VISL’s list of key upcoming dates.
Julia will contact VISL to find out why, as club registrar, she was not contacted about the BCSA form.
Going forward, Stefan will create a “summary of action items” section at the beginning of the minutes so the club can go over the actions prior to adopting the minutes at each meeting.
Next meeting November 6, 2017 at 6pm.

Motion to Adopt Minutes:
Lee introduced motion, Ryan seconded.

Presidents Report
Team snap
There is an online tutorial that TeamSnap could host to show the features fo the service.
The club could purchase the service for all nine teams at a costs of $679.44. This service would have all clubs and players in the database and there would be more features that allow the club to coordinate (e.g., the option to create and event for all teams, and allow coaches to communicate with each other).
To purchase this service, the club would likely vote on it for next season.
Discover Sports Club
Brea went to Discovery Sports Club (DSC) meeting and their AGM is coming up on October 25. Rugby currently holds the president position which alternates between soccer and rugby each year. There are multiple big cost items coming up (pipes, roof etc.) and a need for new volunteers from DSC membership (rugby and soccer members) to volunteer and provide direction to the DSC.
Our soccer club is required to have four members on the DSC board and there needs to be enough DSC members to hold a quorum at the AGM. Open positions include bar manager, social coordinator.
Each soccer team is required to have one player attend the AGM.
Action: Each team representatives is to communicate to their team about the requirement to have one player from each team at the DSC AGM and that there is a need for soccer members to fill positions on the DSC board.
Action: Brea will distribute background files on the DSC once she gets access.
There was a brief discussion about ideas for the DSC (e.g., adding a new sport like cricket). However, executive communicated that these ideas need to be brought up at with the DSC.
Rugby
The rugby club indicated there is an opportunity for soccer to host for some Saturdays if the schedule permits (e.g., if rugby teams are out of town). Soccer is able to view Rugby’s calendar of events at The Clubhouse.

Vice-President Report
The club owes approximately $4,000 for the tickets for the fundraiser. Tickets will be here for the next executive meeting.
For the social night the club will sell the tickets for $20 and which will include ticket for a drink at The Clubhouse.
There is a need for communication between teams for selling remaining tickets. The club will need to decide on a process for communicating about remaining tickets.

Secretary’s Report
Each men’s team (Division 3, Division 4 and Masters) all received $50 fines from Vancouver Island Soccer Association (VISL) for not submitting a B.C. Soccer Association’s (BCSA) “Affiliation Form” on time. There was confusion as much of this information was already provided to VISL. Suggested that going forward, the club should decide on who’s responsibility this is and that men’s team should read the list of VISL’s key upcoming dates.
Action: Stefan will distribute VISL’s list of key upcoming dates.
Action: Julia will contact VISL to find out why, as club registrar, she was not contacted about the BCSA form.

Treasurers Report
No significant updates.

Field Report
No major updates. Continue to keep Jena in the loop with game changes.

Equipment Report
Equipment distribution to teams has started to slow. Still needs to needs to purchase line paint.

New Membership Report
Julia sent and email yesterday to clarify the registration process.
There are 145 players signed.
December 31, 2017 is the last day for refund requests. There is a formula for refunds.

Website Report
Events up are posted and Cam can make adjustments if requested.

Sponsorship Report
Working on sponsorship overall based on assumption that the club will have a u21 men’s team next season and has been researching ideas from other teams (e.g., Blue bird cab phone).

Social Report
The Clubhouse booked for Friday November 17, 2017 for the Division 4 Men’s fundraiser.
The 50-50 fundraiser is at the Royals game is on Friday January 5, 2018. The Clubhouse will be open prior to the game for the usual happy hour.
There was a discussion about The Clubhouse use. Members are encouraged to bring friends and are allowed to bring up four guests.

New business
U21 team
The current u18 Bays boy’s team followed up with Castaways. Talks are ongoing about joining Castaways as a u21 next year.
There was a question about shorts for new players.
Action: Lee will follow up with SoccerWorld about how to purchase the same model of short.
There was a question on what was decided with respect to merchandise representative at the last meeting*
Action: Going forward, Stefan will create a “summary of action items” section at the beginning of the minutes so the club can go over the actions prior to adopting the minutes at each meeting.

* Note in minutes from last meeting “Action: Team reps are to email teams about asking for a member to volunteer for merchandise rep.”

Sixty-second Team Reports

Women:
Div 1– Need players. Couple players taking a year off. At 15 right now.
Div 2 – First loss this weekend. Good for numbers.
Div 3 – Could use more players.
O30 United – Lots of players signed. Had to permit for last two games. 4 wins and a tie doing well.
Men:
Div 3 – 2 game winning streak. Beat second place team Campbell river. Still have players
Div 4 – 1 nothing win yesterday now 3-3
035 – tough loss on the weekend played the top team
o48 – short of players too.

Next meeting November 6, 2017 at 6pm

Meeting adjourned at 7:08

X