Date: Tuesday November 13, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:00pm
Location: Castaways Clubhouse
Matt Garnett, Julia Diamond, Brea Moore, Cam Rose, Samantha Postle, Jena Croft, Arielle Anderson, Julia Phillips, Lee Johnson, Tyson Loreth
Regrets: Stefan Colantonio
Adoption of Minutes
- Cam introduced a motion to approve the previous minutes; the motion was seconded by Jena; all in favour – motion passed.
Ongoing business and Summary of Action Items
- Summary of action items were discussed and the document was updated.
1. President Report
- Positive attendance at the clubhouse – Friday nights; Sundays post-games.
- U21 guys under 19 cannot attend the clubhouse – at this time, special license not worth it (special events license with minors in attendance); we will seek to apply for this type of license for clubhouse afterparty of 2019 year-end banquet (wristbands will be used so that <19 year old’s are not served liquor).
- Royals 50/50 – February (Family Day weekend). Still need to pick a second game.
ACTION: Brea to bring list of dates for next game to the next executive meeting.
2. Vice-President Report
- Nothing to report.
3. Treasurer Report
- Nothing to report. Cheques are going out as needed.
4. Field Report
- Recent e-mail and draft practice schedule for January has gone out; any change requests to go to Jena.
- Few people have been asking for jerseys for new players; any other issues, please let Lee know.
- Line paint is with Jena for Carnarvon.
- Cheque has been provided to John at Soccer World for the season.
6. New Membership Report
- Approx. 150 members this year; this list will be used to pay DSC fees due Dec 1.
- Only 2 refunds – both Div 2s.
7. Website Report
- Men’s games schedules are posted; women’s schedules are not – this will be fixed going forward.
- New website redesign – ready to go live; brings events/news/practice schedules to the main page.
8. Sponsorship Report
- U21 sponsorships – still looking for leads.
9. Social Report
- Looking at Nov/Dec party options.
- Social media ongoing.
10. New business
- Upcoming DSC AGM – Nov 20, 8:30pm (bar at 7:30pm for social hour).
- Merchandise website – should be live through TeamSales Nov 15-29; purchases guaranteed for Christmas.
ACTION: Brea to post DSC AGM on website/Facebook/Instagram and send to team reps.
- Adding a field status page to the website – Cam will talk to Ryan about this; may cost a little bit ($150-200).
ACTION: Cam to get a quote for adding field status to website and bring back to next meeting.
- Keeper equipment (Lee) – In the past, we have provided $75 to keepers for gloves; now teams are asking about keeper jerseys in lieu of gloves – is this something we want to consider? Executive agreed that $75 “bonus” can be allocated for keeper gear (gloves, pants, jerseys, etc) per season – with a receipt – and this should be granted to each team (rather than each keeper).
ACTION: Tyson to notify U21 of the implicit policy for $75 allotment for jersey gear.
- Qualifications for Directors as per New Societies Act (Julia) – executive members to sign; will be filed away in the dropbox.
11. Team Reports
- Div 2: one loss
- Div 3: middle of the pack; sponsorship for jackets
- O30A: haven’t lost yet (one tie); 8/9 injuries; wine tickets for sale (Dec 7 draw)
- O30B: couple losses
- U21: no rep present
- O35s: no rep present
- O40: no rep present
- Div 3: couple losses; heading to SSI and staying the night for rookie party
- Div 4: doing well; lots of ties
Next meeting: December 10, 2018