In Executive Minutes

Date: Monday January 15, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:00pm
Location: Castaways Clubhouse

Attendance: Brea Moore, Stefan Colantonio, Jena Croft, Geoff Briggs, Renato Vieira, Ryan Emo, Julia Diamond, Chris MacIssac, Rose Weakes

Summary of Action Items
• Julia to email all players who have been refunded about making arrangements for jerseys
returns.
• Brea to contact the Royals to find more details about the playoff game fundraiser,
specifically if we need to sell more admission tickets.
• Tyson to issue reimbursement check to div 3’s for the game balls once they bring in the
two new game balls for storage.
• Matt is to prepare a draft of a motion to update VISL’s bylaws related to fines and
submit to the executive for approval.
• Stefan is to ask VISL in email about what work is being done to update its bylaws, and
for more information about the new paid VISL executive position.
• Brea and Chris to talk about the planning process and number of volunteers needed.
• Brea to send an email to club members asking if anyone is willing to organize the
Labour Day tournament

Minutes
• Tyson submitted a motion to pass the minutes for the December 2017 meeting Seconded by
Ryan. Approved.

Presidents Report
• The 50-50 fundraiser at the Royals game was a success and raised almost $3000 of the
50-50 tickets. Also learned how to build on success with tips related to quantity and
colour of tickets and that we need at least 20 people volunteering to sell 50-50
tickets next time. We have the option to apply to the Royals to sell tickets for a .
playoff game playoff, but maybe priority for teams with poor attendance games
• Action: Brea to contact the Royals to find more details about the playoff game
fundraiser, specifically if we need to sell more admission tickets.
• Brea recently emailed the coach of the potential u21 team and did not hear back.

Vice-President Report
• Ryan picked up the next set of admission tickets for the Royals game which were
distributed at the meeting.

Treasurers Report
• Tyson is about to start working through invoices for field bookings.
• The club issued significantly more refunds this year. All were warranted but brings up
need to evaluate policy for refunds.
• The club’s financed are doing well and estimated at at least a thousand dollars higher
than this point last year.

Field Report
• let Lena know if your teams go further in provincial cup tournaments so she can book
practice times.
• Invicta is now allowed to use PISE fields on a probationary term.

Equipment Report
• Lee submitted a question via email about if the club will reimburse the Div 3’s men
teams for the new mandatory game balls. The div 3 and 4 teams were required by VISL to
purchase two new game balls, after the club already purchased last years’ game balls.
• The club decided that it will pay for the new balls that the team did not need, but the
div 3’s are to return the two new game balls to the clubhouse to be used next season.
• Action: Tyson to issue reimbursement check to div 3’s for the game balls once they
bring in the two new game balls for storage.

New Membership Report
• The deadline for registration is one week before cup play begins.

Website Report
• Cam submitted a website report via email: Practice schedule not up yet as the website
went down for a while over the Christmas break and will be done by Monday night.
• Given the tax implications of becoming an amazon affiliate, it is not worth pursuing as
the club will not make enough money to make it worth filing the American tax return.

Sponsorship Report
• A company was chosen for custom ties and possibly silk scarves. We should be able to
order by the end of the year.
• There was a discussion about if the club should continue to explore submitting a motion
for the VISL AGM to help clarify the rules around fines. There was a consensus that
submitting a motion would be beneficial for VISL if done in a positive manner.
• The club is of the understanding that VISL may be doing work to update its bylaws,
which could fix the fine issue.
• Action: Matt is to prepare a draft of a motion to update VISL’s bylaws related to fines
and submit to the executive for approval.
• Action: Stefan is to ask VISL in email about what work is being done to update its
bylaws.

Social Report
• Super Bowl fundraiser is on February 4 and tickets are $10. There will be a Darts
tournament.
• The Royals game social night is on February 23.
• There was a question about the process for planning the year-end banquet,
• Action: Brea and Chris to talk about the planning process and number of volunteers
needed.

New business
• VISL is proposing to create new paid Executive Director position. This has financial
implications for all VISL members. The details for the position were unclear when
presented at the January VISL cup draw meeting.
• Action: Stefan email for VISL for more information about the new paid VISL executive
position.
• Stefan is doing some administration and record keeping work that includes saving club
files (e.g., minutes) to a shared DropBox folder and requested that executive send and
documentation or guides on their position so he can save in central location for next
executive members.
• There was a discussion on if the club should host the Labour day tournament. There was
a consensus that this tournament would be difficult to organize, and that the Royals
fundraiser is likely a more efficient method to raise money. However, the club would
support the tournament if we could get enough volunteers.
• Action: Brea to send an email to club members asking if anyone is willing to organize
the Labour Day tournament.
• Julia introduced motion for club to cover Brea’s attendance fees for Societies Act
training at Volunteer Victoria. It was Seconded by Tyson and Passed unanimous decision.

Sixty-second Team Reports

Women:
• Div 1– Winter camp that was awesome. Tied this weekend 2-2 still no keeper. Still two
make-up games.
• Div 2 – Won this weekend
• Div 3 – Won a game then lost. Playing short. Trouble with fundraising (turf and
clubhouse)
• O30 United – No game until end of month. Top of the league.
Men:
• Div 3 – Played prospect lake last Saturday. Tied 2-2, should have won.
• Div 4 – Playing Bays in Cup in play-in round
• 035 –
• o48 – No update

Next meeting: February 5th at 6pm

Adjournment: 7:29

X