Castaways Executive Meeting
Date: Wednesday February 20, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:00pm
Location: Castaways Clubhouse
Matt Garnett, Brea Moore, Samantha Postle, Jena Croft, Julia Phillips, Tyson Loreth, Stefan Colantonio, Veronica Hackett, Arielle, Marc Morrison, Lee Johnson, Sophia
Regrets (executive): Julia Diamond, Cam Rose,
Adoption of Minutes
- Tyson introduced a motion to approve the previous minutes; the motion was seconded by Veronica; all in favour – motion passed.
Ongoing business and Summary of Action Items
- Action items were reviewed.
- Discussion on u21s and the fundraising money they are responsible for.
- Action: Brea will draft an email to the u21 team (CC Tyson) about the money they owe for fine and hickey tickets.
1. Presidents Report
- Thanks to Arielle and Sam for taking over the 50-50 tickets.
- Note for next year that long weekends do not earn as much money as a Friday or Saturday.
- At the recent DSC executive meeting, their executive approved the decision to temporarily suspend their liquor licence and obtain a special licence for the year-end to accommodate minors. Adults will need wrist bands and there will be extra staff at the DSC on the night of the year-end.
2. Vice-President Report
- For the 50-50 fundraiser at the Royals game, there were 26 volunteers from the club on game day. Club made $3,100.
- For next year, we need big pales as it is easier to collect all tickets.
- Action: Marc to donate big buckets from work for next year’s Royals 50-50 fundraiser.
3. Treasurers Report
- Treasurer owes Brea cheques and will write the field cheques. The club’s bank account is around where expected.
4. Field Report
- Teams should keep an eye on website as Jena will figure our how to reschedule games. Please email Jena about games that need to be rescheduled.
- Marc had socks to donate. Lee will do an inventory and come up with ideas of how to distribute to teams or players.
- Teams to get in touch with Lee about two games before the end of season to set up time for manager to get the bin.
6. New Membership Report
- No updates.
7. Website Report
- Via email: field status page is $450.
- Consensus was to discuss the field status page next month when Cam is at the meeting as the decision is not time-sensitive
- Action: Cam to follow up with website about photos previously taken.
8. Sponsorship Report
- No updates.
9. Social Report
- Details of the year-end:
- Date: April 6
- Food: Tacos by roast
- Location: Oak bay turf is booked
- Cost: Total current invoice is $4,417.12. Little higher than last year
- Able to help if teams need help organizing fundraisers.
- Action: Veronica and Arielle will organize ticket printing for the year-end
- Action: Veronica and Arielle will email a description of the event to team reps for distribution to team members.
- Discussion about how to get teams to do their fundraising.
- Action: Veronica and Arielle to great step by step guide for next year.
10) New Business
- Twitter account – Marc indicated that Sara Healing
- Action: Brea to reach out to Sara healing about access to the club’s twitter account
- VISL update – cup play and fines
- Cup – Players who are suspended for cup (carry over suspension form last year) has been posted and link was distributed to all VISL players and managers.
- Fines – make sure to pay any new fines prior to your first cup game.
- VISL is Looking at spring/summer league full field soccer. Stefan suggested that club offers hosts a year-end tournament as a fundraiser.
- Members passed resolution to purchase new games balls. Each team in VISL will be responsible for buying two new games balls (at $80 each) for next season.
- Brea provided an update about recent updated from the DSC:
- All DSC membership fees are in
- DSC emailed current tenants about plan to eventually increase rent to pay for future maintenance.
- Parking rental increased starting March 1st.
- DSC is Tracking down lease papers.
- Switched to lucky beer.
- Still looking for private events.
- Offering social memberships
- Looking to organize social events for this summer.
11. Team Reports
- Div 2: Trying to sign one more player. Games cancelled with snow.
- Div 3: Snowed out, 3 girls want to come out more quits.
- O30A: in second, have played 2 cup games.
- O30B: In second place, haven’t played since January 27th. Make up games.
- U21: Via email – Won final regular season game. In 3rd in league. Waiting for cup play. Academy slowed down, looking to spring and summer for academy.
- O35s: won 1 game this season, Cup game this weekend. Brainstorming about fundraising.
- O48: N/A
- Div 3: Cup game supposed to be in Campbell river. Super Bowl fundraiser went well.
- Div 4: In first place woth three league games remaining.
Next meeting March 4, 2019 at 6pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:17