In Executive Minutes

Date: Monday December 10, 2018

Time: 6:00 pm – 7:00pm

Location: Castaways Clubhouse

Attendance 

Matt Garnett, Julia Diamond, Brea Moore, Cam Rose, Samantha Postle, Jena Croft, Julia Phillips, Lee Johnson, Tyson Loreth, Stefan Colantonio, Geoff Briggs, Steph Kittleson, Thain

Adoption of Minutes

  • Tyson introduced a motion to approve the previous minutes; the motion was seconded by Lee; all in favour – motion passed.

Ongoing business and Summary of Action Items

  • Action items were reviewed.

1. Presidents Report

50/50 royals hockey tickets

  • Brea distributed the tickets for January 11 (social game), and February 18 (family day), where we will be running 50-50 fundraiser.
  • There are 300 total ticekts, with 200 for Jan 11 (25 tickets per each team)
  • Each team is responsible for selling tickets (or making up remainder)
  • We are aiming to have 15-20 volunteers from the club (average of 2-3 per team) to sell 50/50 tickets at the Feb 18th game. Recommendation to wear Castaways gear.
  • There was a suggestion to buy the tickets as Christmas gifts for family.
  • Action: Cam to write up promotional email with details on selling tickets and to inform members that volunteers are needed for 50-50 night.

Merchandise website

  • We sold enough merchandise to meet Teamsale’s minimum revenue 

Women’s schedule on website

  • Action: Cam to add women’s schedule to website.

U21 game cheering/clubby night

  • The club is organizing a social night watch the u21 team and welcome them to club as many are too young to attend the the clubhouse.
  • Action: Veronica to look into dates of u21 games to have social night.

Fundraising events from teams

  • If you team has fundraiser let DSC know as clubhouse gets booked for private events.

2. Vice-President Report

  • No updates.

3. Treasurers Report

  • No major updates. Let Tyson know if you need checks for bills.

4. Field Report

  • Mixed up scheduling with div 2 game as PISE had a staff party. Club may have to pay for referee.

5.Equipment Report

  • Checks are going back for jersey deposits for injuries.
  • We need corner flags for Finlayson turf. 
  • Action: Jena and Lee to look into obtaining a secure bin at Finlayson. Lee to look into pricing for turf corner flags.

6. New Membership Report

  • Action: Julia to provide a list of club members to Tyson for paying DSC fees

7. Website Report

  • New website is up. Still getting quotes on fields conditions page.

8. Sponsorship Report

  • No updates

9. Social Report

  • Looked into social event for December 16 but not enough interest.
  • Action: Veronica to look into dates for booking clubhouse to watch World Juniors games.

10. Team Reports

Women

  1. Div 2: Doing well it is a very tight league
  2. Div 3: A few tough losses and commitment is waning. Team meeting in new year.
  3. O30A: Had first loss, but was with 10 players. 
  4. O30B: Doing well, have 9 wins in second place.

Men

  1. U21: Took a bad 7-1 loss yesterday. Struggling in second half of games. In 4th place out of 6 in first season. Meeting with other two coaches about cup play. Discussion on $250 fine for game cancellation.

Action: Tyson to follow up with VISL board (not their Executive Director) directly to discuss u21’s fine. Club to vote on covering fine.

  1. O35s:  Tie with Fernwood on Sunday
  2. O48: Lots of guys signed. Lots of close games but can’t find back of net.
  3. Div 3: Bottom part of bracket so will play other teams in same half of table. Had a game abandoned
  4. Div 4: Now in second place. Might pick up a couple more players.

Next meeting January 7, 2018 at 6pm

Meeting adjourned at 6:59

X