Date: Monday December 10, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:00pm
Location: Castaways Clubhouse
Matt Garnett, Julia Diamond, Brea Moore, Cam Rose, Samantha Postle, Jena Croft, Julia Phillips, Lee Johnson, Tyson Loreth, Stefan Colantonio, Geoff Briggs, Steph Kittleson, Thain
Adoption of Minutes
- Tyson introduced a motion to approve the previous minutes; the motion was seconded by Lee; all in favour – motion passed.
Ongoing business and Summary of Action Items
- Action items were reviewed.
1. Presidents Report
50/50 royals hockey tickets
- Brea distributed the tickets for January 11 (social game), and February 18 (family day), where we will be running 50-50 fundraiser.
- There are 300 total ticekts, with 200 for Jan 11 (25 tickets per each team)
- Each team is responsible for selling tickets (or making up remainder)
- We are aiming to have 15-20 volunteers from the club (average of 2-3 per team) to sell 50/50 tickets at the Feb 18th game. Recommendation to wear Castaways gear.
- There was a suggestion to buy the tickets as Christmas gifts for family.
- Action: Cam to write up promotional email with details on selling tickets and to inform members that volunteers are needed for 50-50 night.
- We sold enough merchandise to meet Teamsale’s minimum revenue
Women’s schedule on website
- Action: Cam to add women’s schedule to website.
U21 game cheering/clubby night
- The club is organizing a social night watch the u21 team and welcome them to club as many are too young to attend the the clubhouse.
- Action: Veronica to look into dates of u21 games to have social night.
Fundraising events from teams
- If you team has fundraiser let DSC know as clubhouse gets booked for private events.
2. Vice-President Report
- No updates.
3. Treasurers Report
- No major updates. Let Tyson know if you need checks for bills.
4. Field Report
- Mixed up scheduling with div 2 game as PISE had a staff party. Club may have to pay for referee.
- Checks are going back for jersey deposits for injuries.
- We need corner flags for Finlayson turf.
- Action: Jena and Lee to look into obtaining a secure bin at Finlayson. Lee to look into pricing for turf corner flags.
6. New Membership Report
- Action: Julia to provide a list of club members to Tyson for paying DSC fees
7. Website Report
- New website is up. Still getting quotes on fields conditions page.
8. Sponsorship Report
- No updates
9. Social Report
- Looked into social event for December 16 but not enough interest.
- Action: Veronica to look into dates for booking clubhouse to watch World Juniors games.
10. Team Reports
- Div 2: Doing well it is a very tight league
- Div 3: A few tough losses and commitment is waning. Team meeting in new year.
- O30A: Had first loss, but was with 10 players.
- O30B: Doing well, have 9 wins in second place.
- U21: Took a bad 7-1 loss yesterday. Struggling in second half of games. In 4th place out of 6 in first season. Meeting with other two coaches about cup play. Discussion on $250 fine for game cancellation.
Action: Tyson to follow up with VISL board (not their Executive Director) directly to discuss u21’s fine. Club to vote on covering fine.
- O35s: Tie with Fernwood on Sunday
- O48: Lots of guys signed. Lots of close games but can’t find back of net.
- Div 3: Bottom part of bracket so will play other teams in same half of table. Had a game abandoned
- Div 4: Now in second place. Might pick up a couple more players.
Next meeting January 7, 2018 at 6pm
Meeting adjourned at 6:59