Minutes: Castaways Annual General Meeting 2019
August 28, 2018 | 7:00pm
Castaways Clubhouse (714 Discovery Street)
- O30A Women –
- O30B Women –
- Div 1 Women –
- Div 2 Women –
- Div 3 Women –
- O48 Men –
- O35 Men –
- U21 Men –
- Div 3 Men –
- Div 4 Men –
- Quorum established.
Adopt Past minutes
- All in favour (Tyson,.. Verinica); Motion passed.
Adopt the agenda
- All in favour (Jena, ConnorTrelany); Motion passed.
- Brea provided a summary of last year, highlights include:
- lost a div 1 team, gained a u21 team)
- we had a strong attendance at executive
- Royals game fundraiser was a success.
- Struggled with number of fundraisers…
- Good attendance at clubhouse on Sundays
- Year-end banquet was a success.
Vice President report
- Fields are increasing in cost, almost offset by strong revenue from teams having large rosters (revenue from fees higher than budget)
- Increase in cost for jerseys for u21 b/c there was not a sponsorship (not expected again this year).
- $8800 in bank account.
- Reminder to maximize field costs. (e.g., sharing turf time, no unused)
- Action: Tyson to send updated version to Stefan for appendix to minutes)
- Action: Executive will need to set up a registration date
Field & Gym Director’s report
- Costs were up
- Down one team, but rented out some of these spots to Fernwood
- Growing pain last season – all field providers switched to new system
- Will try to sublet fields to other teams, don’t want to let go of times because hard to get back in future. Fernwood renting from us again.
Equipment Director’s report
- Most teams have equipment
- Net and corner flags will be handed out at registration night
- There will be game balls for girls teams…
- Brea: we have enough jerseys for all womens teams… full kits for everyone.
Social & Fundraising Director’s report
- Kicaround on Aug 18 was successful
- Instagram account is active reminder to let social directors know if there is anything you need shared over the Instagram.
- Planning on organizing club events for a home game for each team.
- More team pictures will be added to clubhouse walls.
- Let social directors know about dates of fundraise…
- Sam: Opportunity for another team to host the Ironman fundraiser that makes $100 for the club. Need good chunk of money… Have until January deadline to volunteer (event is in June)…. More than one team can do it.
Sponsorship Director’s report
- Last year didn’t pan out with plans for jersey sponsor for u21
- This year has lead for div 3 kit and u21.
- If anyone has a lead on sponsors, send the to the sponsorship director.
- Matt has material for approaching sponsors with options…
- Via email: Please send me the list of new contacts for team reps and executive as soon as they are available.
- Brea Moore voted in (nominated by Jena, seconded by Arielle).
- Position is filled by acclamation.
- Samantha voted in (nominated by Brea, seconded by XX).
- Connor Trelawny voted in (nominated by Brea, seconded by Arielle).
- Tyson voted in (nominated by Veroonca, seconded by Brea).
- Julia Philips voted in (nominated by Jena, seconded by Sam).
- Field & Gym Director
- Jena… (Nominated by Sam… seconded veronica….
- Equipment Director
- Lee Johnson nominated by Jena, second (pending acceptance)
- Social & Fundraising Director (2 positions)
- Arielle voted in (nominated by Veronica, seconded by Matt).
- Veronica voted in (nominated by Arielle, seconded by Matt).
- Sponsorship Director
- Matt nominated aiden, seconded by veronica No vote – Matt Garnett will complete second year of two-year term.
- Communications Director (new position).
- Cam voted in (nominated by Jena, seconded by Arielle).
Note: The President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer shall hold office for a term of one
Every Director shall hold office for a term of two years.
- None added toagenda.
Adjournment 7:58 p.m.